Alex York's Art & Animation Blog: BATMAN!

Monday, October 29, 2012

BATMAN!

So, for starters, here's a drawing of Batman helping put out a fire!


Many years ago, I apparently mastered the art of character design, and did what may be my favorite drawing ever. In fact, I like this drawing so much, I incorporated it into my blog title. Yup, it's Batman! Fat as ever!


Truly, though, I like this sketch. I like the lightning; I like Batman's serious face; I even like the Penguin there on the side (and, I think it's Catwoman on the other end -- maybe?). Anyway, it has a lot of character. So, I decided to resurrect this paragon of design and do some drawings of him. So, he decided to also help put out fires, just with water guns.




Lastly, while sitting at a cafe with some friends the other night, I decided to throw down some Batman poses. I'm just trying to get a sense of where I could take this guy... if anywhere.



No comments: